Unlocking the Healing Power of Juicing for Hormonal Acne Relief
Do you know that hormonal acne is a form of chronic inflammation? If left untreated, it can cause a lot of damage to cells in your body. That’s the bad news. The good news is that juicing can be a powerful way to help treat chronic inflammation! You can even heal the affected cells. Let’s take a closer look.
What Foods May Be Contributing to Hormonal Acne?
In the meantime, be aware that the following foods may work against you, so strive to eliminate them:
- Fried Foods can cause dysregulation in the digestive system, thus increasing inflammation; examples include french fries, egg rolls, and doughnuts.
- Processed or Refined Foods go through a process to remove one or more edible components. They are no longer wholesome or natural. Examples include candy, some bread, pastries, cereals, and sugary drinks. Foods that have added sugar or flour are also considered processed or refined.
- Sugar can increase inflammation in the body and has been linked to dangerous and chronic diseases. Some sugar is not harmful; however, definitely stay away from white table sugar and high fructose corn syrup.
- Meat Cooked in High Heat leads to the production of harmful inflammatory compounds. Preparation examples include frying, grilling, and roasting.
The Benefits of Juicing
Juicing is creating fresh juice by extracting liquid from fruits and vegetables. Luckily, there are many ways to effectively juice, including:
- Blending the foods and squeezing the juice through a cheesecloth or strainer
- Using a hydraulic press to squeeze the juice from fruits and vegetables. This process is called cold-press, which is the method used by Z.E.N.
Typically, nutrients are absorbed more efficiently in a liquid form. An extra benefit of juicing is that you are hydrating at the same time. As you know, our bodies need to be well-hydrated to function properly.
“But what fruits and vegetables are considered the best to reduce inflammation?” you ask.
If you want to start juicing but don’t know where to begin, check out other people’s recipes. They can help you narrow down the options and provide information on the best blends for the desired outcomes.
The best route is to find a trusted source for all your juicing needs, preferably one that uses the right ingredients and the best processing method.
Z.E.N. Foods Eliminates the Guesswork
To help support your body’s natural defenses and reduce inflammation, Z.E.N. has created Supreme Green. The ingredients include:
- Pineapple. Research suggests that this compound may be as effective as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in reducing inflammation without side effects.
- Lemon helps reduce inflammation, cleanse the system, and remove uric acid from joints. It also contains anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antifungal, analgesic, and antibacterial properties.
- Ginger contains potent antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Celery contains 16 antioxidant nutrients. It offers strong protection from inflammation in the body while protecting cells, blood vessels, and organs from oxidative damage.
- Cucumber contains vitamin C and beta-carotene that help lower the risk of chronic diseases and regulate proper immune system functioning.
- Spinach is a great source of nutrients that reduce inflammation. In addition to vitamin E, greens are a great source of anti-inflammatory compounds, B vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Eat Clean. Live Lean. With Zero Effort!
Supreme Green is the perfect blend to help support your body’s natural defenses and reduce inflammation – plus, it’s delicious! You can add Supreme Green to your meal plan as an add-on or as a snack replacement. Overall, Z.E.N. Foods helps clients with their nutritional goals by delivering health-conscious meals and juices to clients’ homes daily.
Take a look at our sample menu and call us at (310) 205-9368 to set up a plan with one of our consultants today!